Over the years I’ve put together a list of little Mantras that Christian parents like to teach their children.
- “America is a Christian nation”
- “The Bible clearly says…”
- “People choose to be homosexuals”
- “Scripture is enough”
- “A woman’s place is under a man”
- “Our job as Christians is to save our culture”
- “Every word of the Bible is true”
- “Homeschooling is better”
- “Children are not people”
- “Modesty = hiding sex appeal”
I don’t intend to teach any of them to my daughters. What about you? Are there any you would add to the list? Are there any you would argue for? Discuss.
(Sorry folks, I’ve been out sick for a week, so I had to put my “Dangerous Attitudes about Sex Abuse in the Church” posts on hold for a bit)
(Also, friendly reminder of the CFD Comment Policy)